|IT’S AN AUTHENTIC SPICY DRY MUTTON DISH OF KOLHAPUR.
( NO NEED OF ADDING CHILI POWDER OR GARAM MASALA. )
1) Mutton = 1 KG
2) Ginger garlic paste = 2 tbsp
3) Fried onion paste = 3 tbsp
4) Finely chopped onion = 1 cup
5) Turmeric powder = ½ tsp
6) Kolhapuri masala = 2 tbsp
7) Oil = 4 tbsp
FOR MASALA PASTE
1) Dry coconut grated = 100 gm
2) Poppy seeds = 2 tsp
3) White sesame seed = 2 tsp
1) Wash and clean the mutton. Marinate it with turmeric powder, salt and ginger garlic paste for half an hour.
2) FOR MASALA PASTE
Lightly roast dry coconut, sesame seed and poppy seed. Cool it and make a fine paste.
3) Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions, cook it till golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté it.
4) Add marinated mutton and stir continuously. Add warm water and cover the pan and allow to cook for 30 min.
5) When the mutton gets cooked, add Kolhapuri masala, masala paste and fried onion paste
6) Cook further 10 min till consistency of the gravy is thick and mutton pieces coated with gravy.
7) Serve hot sprinkled with chopped coriander leaves.