1) Baby brinjals= 7 -8 nos
2) Potatoes= 2 no (peeled and cut in wedges)
3) Ginger garlic paste = 2 tsp
4) Roasted dry coconut paste = 3 tbsp
5) roasted peanut powder = 3 tbsp
6) roasted sesame seed powder =1 tsp
7) Red chili powder = 3 tsp
8) Heramba goda masala = 2 tsp
9) Grated jiggery = 2 tsp
10) Tamarind pulp = 2 tsp
11) Asafoetida(Hing) = ¼ tsp
12) Finely chopped onions = ½ cup
Heat oil in a kadai. once oil is heated, add chopped onions and sauté it. Add turmeric powder, chili powder, Goda masala, roasted coconut paste, roasted peanut and sesame powder, ginger garlic paste, tamarind pulp, grated jaggery and salt.
Add 2 tbsp of water. Fry for 2-3 min and mix well. Now the stuffing is ready. Keep 4-5 tbsp mix aside for Gravy.
1) Wash the brinjals and remove it’s stem. Make 2 partial vertical slits to the brinjals keeping bottom plant intact.
Keep them in salt water for 5 min.
2)Stuff all the brinjals with masala.
3.Heat oil in a shallow pan. Temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafetida.
4.Add the potatoes in the mix kept aside for gravy and place the brinjals carefully in it. Gently fry for sometime
and add 1 cup water.
5.Cover the pan with a deep platter with some water on it. Cook over medium heat for 15 min .change the
position of brinjals. Remove the lid and stir gently to check if the brinjals are cooked.
6.Once cooked ,garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with bhakari or roti.